JOLT Charge Fair Use Policy
1. The purpose of the JOLT Charge Pty Ltd (JOLT) Fair Use Policy is to ensure that:
(a) JOLT electric vehicle charging services are used in accordance with our terms and conditions of use (Terms) as set out on the JOLT Website;
(b) all customers can access our services equitably; and
(c) our services are not used in an unreasonable or unacceptable manner.
2. The JOLT Fair Use Policy applies to all energy customers and charger users.
3. We consider your use of the service unreasonable if you use it in a manner that is other than it was intended for. Here are some examples of uses that we consider ‘unreasonable’. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
(a) use a JOLT electric vehicle charging service to operate or support a business (including operating or being involved with a rideshare service), or for any other commercial or non-domestic purpose;
(b) making the service available for third party use whether or not for profit (including vehicle to Vehicle-to-grid systems);
(c) using the service for wholesale or reselling purpose, or charging for access to a JOLT electric vehicle charging service;
(d) using a JOLT electric vehicle charging service in a manner that breaches the JOLT Terms or any applicable law;
(e) using a JOLT electric vehicle charging service for any fraudulent purpose;
(f) manipulating or attempting to bypass any limitations or usage restrictions on a JOLT electric vehicle charging service;
(g) any attempt to access more than the free daily 7kwh of charge from the JOLT electric vehicle charging network, such as the use of multiple accounts or multiple daily charging sessions at different JOLT electric vehicle charging stations. For the avoidance of doubt, only one free charging session per vehicle per day is allowed, regardless of the number of individual account holders who may use the vehicle;
(h) in the case of JOLT’s subscription charging service, using your account to provide anyone other than yourself, access to free charging on the JOLT electric vehicle charging network; or
(i) using a JOLT electric vehicle charging service in a manner that could interfere with the service, our networks, the assets of the DNSP or equipment or those of another purpose, or our ability to provide services to you or another person.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, your ordinary domestic use of a JOLT electric vehicle charging service will not breach this policy.
5. If we consider that your use of the JOLT electric vehicle charging service breaches this Fair Use Policy, we may take remedial action, including suspending or terminating your account. We may also take remedial action if the law or a regulator or other authority requires us to do so.